Tuesday, January 24, 2012

FO: Tulip Skirt from Stitch Magazine


My first finished make of 2012 is the Tulip Skirt from the first issue of Stitch Magazine. I used the errata listed here, and also found the draft was a bit off on the XL size, but that could have just been me? I also only did one line of top stitching, using Tasia's triple stitch suggestion. It's purple, and so are the buttonholes (my first!) which I won't be taking photos of (because they're my first, and kind of wonky).

I used a cotton poplin covered in topiary birds from fabric.com, and some amazing Victorian repro buttons from Courage my Love in Kensington. They have little flies carved into them, and I think they get their own post later. 

All in all, I think this is a great pattern, and I'm going to be making many more. Although maybe not in poplin.

5 comments:

khristie B said...

The fabric is soooo cute. Love the colours.

Madelaine said...

Thanks, Khristie :)

I am a sucker for topiary and also green.

Roobeedoo said...

Those buttons sound amazing! Very cute skirt! Thanks for your offer of instructions for the asymmetric skirt. I think I can manage without... but I will give you a shout if not!

Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

love this. the fabric is adorable.

Madelaine said...

Thanks ladies :)