Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cutest. Summer. Dress. EVER.

Is version B, if you were wondering. But how cute are all of these? The scalloped hems on the dresses, the romperness of the romper... The pattern also has A, B, C and D cup pieces included, a huge plus for me. Glad I scooped this one up during the quarterly massive sale at Butterick, McCall's and Vogue (it's on until the end of today!). Not that I needed more sewing patterns or plans.

Or fabric to turn into said patterns.

Okay, I am officially cut off until at least six garments are made. Also because I am out of clothes, and full of supplies.

The lovely rayon challis above brings me to another thought. I mentioned to a professional designer/seamstress friend of mine that I love rayon fabrics. A lot. She's not so much into them.

I wash my rayon garments like any other delicate fabric, on gentle in the machine, hang or lay flat to dry. I know this supposedly is terrible for the fibres, but I've never really had any trouble with it except for one dress disintegrating at the armpits after the 100th wear or so. I'm not convinced that had anything to do with washing, and not the 100+ hard wearings (I am tough on clothes).

What do you think, dear readers? Do you wear or sew with rayon? Why or why not?

No comments: