Friday, December 10, 2010

A Long Overdue Finished Project

I finally took some pictures of a dress a made waaaay back at the beginning of summer. Those of you who know me in real life see it pretty frequently, since it's probably my favourite project ever. For everyone else, this is my bedsheet dress!

I made it out of a great throw-sheet-thing I found at Goodwill on half off day. I think it was $2? It's a very open weave cotton, but not sheer, with a block print dye design, and some white paint highlights on top.

This is also the project that got me interested in matching seams. All of the matching on this dress was entirely by chance, since all I tried to do was keep the flowers at an even height for the hem. This proved difficult since all the flowers were a slightly different height from the edge of the fabric.

All in all I'm really happy with the way the fabric worked out for this dress. I especially like the pocket hidden in the bottom flower in the picture above. The pattern is Anna-Maria Horner's Socialite Dress, which I've used once before. I highly recommend this pattern for beginners, since it's a simple. pull on dress that's really easy to wear. And it has pockets, which is a total deal sealer for me.

No comments: