It's a pretty basic pattern, but I've used it to make some other, more interesting pairs as well.
Like these ones, which were based on a pair me and Emma saw at Urban Outfitters, and didn't have $45 for. The cable turned out entirely different, since I made this one up for the project, but the colour is pretty close. I also like them better, since the ones we saw didn't have a thumb gusset!
These ones are also pretty heavily cabled, and are 2 strands of worsted held together and knit on 6mm needles. Peter promptly felted these in the wash, and is now only ever given superwash or pre-felted items.
And soon he can just make his own...