Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yarn!

handspunseawool
This yarn is now nicely knitted into a cap for my dad. First of the Christmas presents done! I still need to spin some complementary yarn for the pom pom he requested, but I still feel pretty on top of the game.

I'm done cat sitting tomorrow and I'm going to start on project #2, Noisette from the Blackstone Tweed Berroco Booklet. I'm swatching with Patons Classic Merino, and I'll have to see if it works, but Emma approves of the colour and pattern, so at least that's out of the way. There's no way I'm surprise knitting a sweater. She's going to be bugged about it every step along.

I finished a few things while at Sam's place. The hat turned out great, and I really like the shrug, but I wish it wasn't riding up a bit in the photo. It fits way better than it looks like it does...

shrugback

Sam2


Now I just have to finish the Branching Out Scarf I've been working on for the last three years. Yeash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha, your dad requested a pom-pom! may I request a pom-pom? on my bathrobe/coat maybe?